Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's 2010

Here is what I gave my (2) kids' teachers this year for Valentine's Day. Nothing crazy. I wanted to do something cuter for them, but my life has been so crazy busy lately that this is what I came up with the night before.

My son's teacher happens to be on the HCG diet, so instead of doing something cruel like tempting him with something sweet, I made sure to give him something he will definitely be using...Diet Pepsi! Another phrase that I should have used was "I am SODA-lighted to have you for my teacher!" Oh well I am sure he still drank it!

And finally this was my son's super easy Valentine card box for this year.

To make this, it took about 15-20 minutes. I used a gallon sized ice cream bucket and covered it with Modge Podge and scrapbook paper. I did the same thing for the lid, cutting a hold in the top first and then applying the (pre-measured) paper.
(I took the picture of the Valentine card holder before the Modge Podge dried entirely so you can still see the white gloss. If you have never used Modge Podge, don't worry it does dry clear!)

No comments: