Thursday, April 23, 2009

Decorating the Classroom Door

HERE is a link to Tip Junkie with ideas for decorating your child's classroom door. My son's teacher (who I am the room mom for) is currently pregnant so I think I might use this idea?!?


The idea came from this blog. The door is decorated with flowers, binkies and other baby things. Cute and useful for a pregnant teacher. *As an update, I did end up using this idea for the door this year, but also including mini Baby Ruth candy bars taped to the door. You could also use Sugar Babies candy.

Three door ideas came from HERE. Super cute ideas including gifts to match the door decorations.

Other ideas I have seen or received were:
*You're one in a "melon"! - Glue a die cut of watermelon (one for each student) and have them write their name or reason why their teacher is the best. You could also attach a bag of Sour Patch Watermelon candy, or other melon flavored candy.
*A BUNCH of us think you're GRAPE! - Blow up purple balloons and tape them to the door in the shape of a bunch of grapes. (The balloons may not last the whole week though!!)
*We think you were MINT to be a teacher! Love your little JUNIORS - Glue little boxes of Jr. Mint candy to the door.
*Let's Party with Mrs. _________ - Tape 5 gift bags to the door and have a surprise inside the bags each day for the teacher. Monday's bag might have a candy bar. Tuesday's bag might have a gift certificate, etc.
*We're NUTS about having you as our teacher! - Have each child write their name on a die cut of a peanut and attach little bags of nuts to the door.
*"Here's the 'Scoop'____ Grade Is A Real Treat". - Give each child a blank scoop of ice cream and have them decorate it and tell why they love they grade/teacher.
*We think you are a Marvelous and Magnificent teacher! - Do an M&M theme. Cut out circles (write the letter M on each one) and attach to the door. Can also glue on bags of M&Ms or M&M Amazing bars (is that what they're called?) to the door.
*Donut you know you're a great teacher? - Die cuts of donuts with each child's name written on them. You could also include a gift certificate for donuts or leave enough to share with the class on the teacher's desk.

**If you are in the PTA and need to do something for all the teachers, HERE is a website that offers custom wrappers for candy bars. The downside is that you have to buy them (they are super cute though!) Maybe you could get ideas and make your own!?! OR HERE is a FREE pattern for how to make your own candy bar wrapper. It turns out really cute and there is a saying you can download that reads: A teacher...takes a hand opens a mind touches a heart shapes the future. Just one of those fun things to show you care.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Great ideas. Thank you for sharing! We room moms need to stick together!

Violet said...

Hi Allison. My name is Violet. I live in Camarillo, CA. I found a link to your blog on Homemaking Fun. I was wondering if you would mind if I put a link to your blog on mine. I love all of the wonderful ideas you have. Please let me know if that is ok with you. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm a room mom for 3rd grade, and I'd like to decorate the classroom door for Halloween. Any ideas would be great. THANKS!!

Davenz said...

Its great article.. The ways of your ideas is so beautiful...Thanks
Regards Church Doors|Custom Church Doors

Unknown said...

That is a "one in a MELON" idea! I really love it. I'm sure my wife would be delighted to see our St Louis doors after giving birth. I'd ask some help from the shop where I bought our door and hopefully have someone from St Louis guttering to take care of our roof.