Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Shirts


Last night the 2 older kids and I made shirts for them to wear for St. Patrick's Day. Thankfully my 3 year old fell asleep before we started the project, otherwise it would have been very difficult to have done! If you would like the tutorial on how to make these cute shirts and templates for the shamrocks, click HERE. The project took us about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish, including blow drying to speed up the process. My daughter thought it would be fun to make a shirt for each holiday (eggs for Easter, pumpkins for Halloween, etc.) We will see if we get that crazy!

As an activity I did with my kids on St. Patrick's Day, I created a treasure hunt for them. I started by taping an envelope to their bedroom door that told them not to open until their room was clean. (I know...mean mom!) My daughter told me that if they could have a treasure hunt every day, their chores would be done in two minutes...tempting. LOL Anyway, here are some of the clues I used (there were a total of 10 or so)

Way to go now there’s no time to talk,
Go look in the thing you use to take the babies on a walk. (stroller) - In the bottom of the stroller was a bag of skittles for each kid (rainbow) with the next clue.

You found the rainbow, so the gold isn’t far, run outside and jump in the car.

The car is nice so you can go faster than a snail, now hurry up and go check the mail! - In the mail box was a note that said Happy St. Patrick's Day with a small bag of gold chocolate coins for each child.

2 comments:

Jadi said...

The shirts turned out really cute! I am going to have to remember this idea. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Hey thanks Jadi. Too bad I didn't get these done sooner so that I could have posted this BEFORE St. Patty's! Oh well, like you said, you will just have to remember for next year!